The first ever Professional Parents event was held at the Mother Baby Hub on Monday 8th March 2010. What started as a concept for a university assignment (services marketing), became a reality, bringing together parents who run businesses from home.
So what is Professional Parents? Here is the mission statement:
Professional Parents is a service which creates the opportunity to network and gain valuable information and insights from other parents in a family-friendly environment. It also offers low-cost, targeted marketing for your own business in an enjoyable, time-efficient manner.
The events have been organised by myself, Renee, from Zestee Concepts. We had a great group of participants:
- Mishelle: BubBee
- Cathyrn: Travel Managers
- Nicole: Occupational Therapist
- Michelle: Good Buy Baby Markets
- Lisa: I’ve Got Life
- Kavala: Tilly & Otto
- Melissa: Appleby Business Support
- Gina: Mola Designs
- Tina: Rumbletums
- Bianca: Peekaboo Magazine
- Jenna: Kidding About Town
- Leah: Good Buy Baby Markets
- Michelle: Gentle Footsteps
- Jillian: Midwife
- Brodie from the Mother Baby Hub spoke about the one-stop wellbeing centre for young families.
- Lisa from I’ve Got Life (Nutritionist) spoke about Nutritional Tips for busy working parents
- I spoke about what is marketing & why is it relevant to me
- Cathryn from Travel Managers spoke about Family Friendly Holidays
It was a great morning and I aim to be able to offer these events monthly, to keep up to date with upcoming events, follow the Professional Parents Facebook page or keep an eye on this website.