What a lovely lunch we had on Thursday, with a group of motivated and inspiring women discussing a wide range of topics about our businesses and families and how to achieve a better work life balance. The location was the Women’s Health & Mother Baby Hub at Strathpine, which has a long list of wonderful services for Brisbane families. We ate delicious lunches of filos, lasagne and salad.
One of the main discussions was about enewsletters, where we shared tips on the different tools we use for this and how regularly we send them out. The recent Facebook page changes was also a hot topic. Our children played happily in the playground, with the wonderful Jemma keeping them all entertained. Jenna was a star helping serve lunches and make great coffees. So a huge thanks to both Jemma & Jenna!
Those who attended are looking forward to getting to know each other better beyond the lunch, some had already connected before personally, others on Facebook beforehand – and if not then will be connected before long as we talked about a number of ways and opportunities to support each other to build our businesses.
- Ngaire, owner of several sites supporting Brisbane families such as www.brisbanekids.com.au
- Kelly, the awesome blogger from www.beafunmum.com
- Kristy, starting up her new business www.babiesfavouritethings.com
- JJ supplies an increadible range of multicultural resources via www.globalkids.com.au
- Nicole Grant, a self-employed Occupational Therapist who is currently studying towards a PhD can be found via www.nicolegrant.net.au
- Lesley who works part time for Challenge Employment
- Donna www.tumblingtigers.com.au offers fantastic play equipment for kids parties
- Jenna from www.milkbottles.com.au and www.kiddingaboutown.com.au for great info & products for kids
- Renee from www.professionalparents.come.au social media marketing business www.zestee.com.au
We enjoyed some great exclusive offers from each other’s businesses along with a lucky prize draw.
Lunches will be held once or twice a month with limited numbers, so if you’d like to attend please visit www.facebook.com/professionalparents and prebook under the events tab. You may also like to come along to our monthly Professional Parents Playgroup (held Mondays)