Super easy Christmas cooking that you can make with the kids. If you’ve read my previous posts such as my very easy Toblerone Cheesecake recipe, you’ll know that as a busy mum trying to balance family and work, I’m excited to find recipes that are really easy…but still impressive! Here is a favourite I make each year, along with mini Christmas puddings (that recipe coming next).
- 9 Weet Bix
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 395g tin condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Extra coconut for rolling (approx half a cup)
1. Put the 9 Weet Bix into a bowl and crush (kids love this bit)
2. Add one cup of dessicated coconut and mix…also quite kid friendly…if you don’t mind bits of weetbix and coconut being flung in various directions! At least it’s easier to clean up than the soaked in milk breakfast weetbix that seems to turn into concrete consistency if you miss any…
4. Mix everything together
5. Roll into balls. Y.ou may like to put the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to make this easier as the mixture is then a little more firm. You can also add some extra crushed weetbix or coconut if it’s not quite the right consistency.
In previous years I rolled individual balls into coconut on a plate – this year I found an even quicker, easier option but dropping a few into a bowl with coconut and simply tossing a little until coated.
6. Eat and enjoy a few along the way….and the rest you can package up for friends, family, teachers or colleagues. They look great alongside the mini Christmas puddings. Here I’ve wrapped some cardboard in aluminium foil and topped with glad wrap and a ribbon.