I wrote about the Rock a Buy Baby Market in November 2011 and this month I was back there again – this time as a stall-holder!
My “babies” are turning 3 & 5 this year and we have a lot of things they no longer need, so I booked a 2nd hand stall and loaded up my hatchback…
Soon, it was busy, busy, busy with stallholders setting up:
It was a great morning, and I ended up making around $200. It would have been really hard work to sell things individually, this way it meant that literally hundreds of shoppers came to me during the morning. I also really liked the community shopping atmosphere and caught up with some local people I know. Yes, there was some emotion selling things that did belong to my girls, but it was wonderful to see some children very excited about taking home things they have outgrown or no longer use.
I enjoyed talking to my “neighbours” Gnomewears and My Heart Flutters (see below for links to their sites)
I had a quick chance to run around and take a look at some of the great business stalls, here are a few:
- Two Little Dumplings (now Dumpling Envy): the most delicious dumplings ever!
- My Heart Flutters: I am so in love with their beautiful dolls, for a fantastic price
- Gnomewears: all about little people – check out their great “fordry” seat inserts
- Strange Baby: Customised Art & Design (name plaques, photo frames & more)
- Little Miss O Designs: sweet little things for your sweet little miss hair accessories
- Little Denim Duck: Kids clothing, decor & accessories, handmade with heart
- Sunless: Custom stickers, mums babies & kids products & professional spray tans
- My Marching Ants: unique artwork
- I’m with the Stork: Gifts for new mums and new bubs
- Stitches by Mel: Hand Decorated Children’s Clothing made to order
If you’d like to visit the markets, or book a stall, they are held on the 1st Saturday of every month at the Strathpine Community Hall, Mecklem Street, Strathpine. For market dates, smallholder information, business sponsorships and more, contact Michelle and Sheree on via the Rock A Buy Baby Market Facebook page. Tell them I sent you! Renee
They also kindly support a couple of local charities, including the great place I work part time, the Women’s Health & Mother Baby Hub – thanks so much Michelle & Sheree for supporting us to spread the word.
Though I promised my husband I was going to SELL stuff and not do much shopping, I couldn’t resist this amazing bargain – my girls LOVED this leap pad with 2 stories which I bought for just $5.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future bargains! The 2012 market dates are: 07 April, 05 May, 02 June, 07 July, 04 August, 01 September, 06 October, 03 November & 01 Dec. Just $2 entry and kids are free.
Professional Parents is all about supporting you to find your family work balance. Browse this blog for ideas, inspiration and read about people, products & events. Would love your feedback, please take time to comment below. You can join our community and Professional Parents on Facebook here:
- Professional Parents International (those balancing work and family around the world)
- Professional Parents Brisbane (events and information specific to Brisbane)