This is a guest post from Matt of 4 exercises who presented at our Business Brainstorming 21 February 2012 on the topic of health & happiness. The exciting news is that Matt has made exercise much more accessible for us busy Professional Parents with his new book, 4 exercises, giving a fitness programme we can follow 4-16 minutes a day, 4 days a week.
Here are some of the benefits of exercise and eating better.
- Increase your fitness, energy levels and improve your self-esteem which = more happiness!
- Reduce your weight or obesity
- Improve your mental wellbeing by redacting feelings of stress, anxiety and depression = better thinking
- Reduce your risk of heart disease (heart attack, stroke, poor arteries)
- Reduce your risk of developing high blood press and type 2 (adult onset) diabetes (1 in 4 inactive, overweight kids will develop this, which you can help stop by getting your kids moving and eating better).
- Reduce your high cholesterol (and your risk of developing it)
- Strengthen your muscles and bones and reduce your risk of osteoporosis (for both women and men)
- Reduce your risk of falls and fractures (especially in older people)
- Save your time and money, your life and your family’s lives
- Run around with your kids without dying of exhaustion
- Participate in weekend recreation without sustaining an injury (e.g. Frisbee, kicking a footy)
- Increased energy = better you, better life!